HARBOR HOUSE, INC.
Sometimes we need help when it is time to make a change. If now is the time for change for you, we are here for you. Our mission is to provide a safe harbor of hope and healing for those men and women suffering from addiction. We treat the whole person—body, mind, and spirit, offering evidence-based treatment targeted to your unique needs.
A residential modality offers the client a structured, safe environment designed to treat the whole person, including any co-occurring disorders such as depression, anxiety, and personality disorders. We offer separated men’s (Harbor Recovery Center) and women’s (Gateway Recovery Center) campus to further encourage focus on recovery.
Our treatment program blends the traditional 12-step recovery model with evidence based cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), motivational enhancement therapy MET and adjunctive therapies such as Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR), hypnotherapy, and mindfulness. We utilize approaches that work for the individual.
The clinical team is well-trained and experienced to address compulsive and self-destructive behaviors. Our goal is to help clients be restored to their best self, with an even higher quality of life than before entering treatment.
Our newly revised and enhanced residential treatment program includes:
- A minimum of 6 hours per day of highly interactive group counseling
- A minimum of one hour per week of individual counseling
- A minimum 3 hours per week in physical activity
- A comprehensive assessment for depression, anxiety, personality disorder, PTSD, and quality of life
- A minimum of 5 hours per week of 12 Step Study, AA/NA, Celebrate Recovery, and/or a secular recovery support group
- The option of a phased transition from residential to partial residential/work, to transitional living in a chemical-free home
- A minimum of one hour per week of family psychoeducation, counseling and visitation